Finally, we've reached the end of term! But, my goodness, what a busy week it's been. Here's the detailed breakdown:
1. Oldest daughter running after-school cake stall in the playground, which meant I had to help set up/serve/take down.
2. Youngest daughter spending the afternoon at a friend's house, which meant I had to pack home clothes and sort out pick up arrangements with friend's mum.
3. Evening music concert at school (6 until 8.30pm), which meant I had to cook an early supper and ferry everyone to and from school.
4. Oldest daughter spending the afternoon at a friend's house -- see (2) above.
5. School sports day. This was cancelled (hurrah!) due to wet weather, but still...
6. Youngest daughter performing in music assembly before school finished for the day, which meant I had to leave work early.
7. Early evening school discos. Both daughters attending, but at different times, mind, as they're in different year groups, which meant I had to cook an early supper and go to and from school six times in total...
8. Nothing out of the ordinary. YAY!
9. Last day of term, ending at 1.30pm, which meant I had to ask a friend to pick my children up from school. I was at a work away day and so couldn't leave early.
Phew, I'm exhausted!
None of this was helped by the fact that my other half was away in another continent all week on business, which meant I had to cover his share of the school runs as well as my own. But hey, I'm a mother, I can cope!