- They don't come out of their rooms unless prevailed upon to do so, or unless food is on offer.
- They don't like to leave the house, or not with their parents, at least. Although, see above, if it involves food, they can quite easily be enticed out.
- They will grunt if they don't want to answer your questions.
- They will only tidy their rooms if asked to do so.
- If you suggest going for a walk in the countryside, they interpret this as a fate worse than death.
- They will get upset if you nag them or disagree with them.
The funny thing is, I distinctly remember being just like this as a teenager. Do you?