It's been an awfully long time since I posted to my blog. However, I have a couple of spare minutes in hand right now, so am going to put together a medley of the stand-out things that my family and I have done over the past couple of months:
1. Spent a long weekend in Paris to celebrate my eldest daughter's excellent GCSE results. We stayed in Montmartre and really enjoyed a very busy few days of sightseeing. Amongst other things, we went on a Seine river cruise, visited the Louvre, browsed round various churches and museums, ate lots of good food, and wore our shoes out just wandering the streets of Paris and taking in the sights.
2. Went to see Matilda the Musical in London, which was my youngest daughter's birthday present. The show was really good fun, even though we were sitting at the back of the upper circle. We finished off our day with dinner in our favourite Mexican restaurant -- the lovely Cantina Laredo.
3. Enjoyed a long weekend in the north Cotswolds with my husband's family -- 13 of us in total, ranging from 3 to 85 years. It was lovely to see everyone, and very rare for all of us to be together in the same place at the same time, since we live a long distance apart.
4. Saw the film The Children Act at our quaint local cinema, The Unicorn. Excellent book and excellent film. Just love Ian McEwan.
5. Went on a day trip to Warwick Castle to celebarate my eldest daughter's birthday. It was our first visit there and we were pleasantly suprised -- the interior of the castle, the jousting show and the Time Tower were all interesting and enjoyable. We finished the day with a meal out at our local Bill's -- good food and friendly service.
6. Had a bathroom refitted by Oxford Bathrooms. They did a great job and I would highly receommend them.
It's been a busy couple of months!